Monday, September 28, 2009

DL1 Dragons of Despair

I've done a rough playtesting pass through the adventure, and have tweaked a number of things along the way; so without further ado, I wanted to share my conversion of "Dragons of Despair" for critique (constructive I hope) and enjoyment (also, I hope!).

As I mentioned earlier, I believe I've learned a lot about 4E encounter design and skill challenge design and while a couple of the counters in "Despair" are still perhaps a little rough, I'm looking forward to putting my newfound knowledge to use when I work on "Dragons of Flame".

In future posts I'll talk about my thought process in converting the adventure to 4th Edition and why I made some of the choices I made. I hope that anyone who finds these posts interesting will stick around and share any insight they might have. I certainly welcome constructive criticism and I'll see if I can incorporate any great advice received into the final version.

Before getting to the link to the adventure, I do need to make a bit of a disclaimer:

This conversion of "Dragons of Despair" is intended for personal home use and is not intended in any way to generate profit. It is contains material copyrighted by Wizards of the Coast which is reproduced without permission. I believe this not-for-profit, personal use of the copyrighted material constitutes a fair use of the material (as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law).

The art on page 1 is by Clyde Caldwell and has been used without permission. The art on pages 52, 53, and 54 is by Larry Elmore and has been used without permission.

The maps in this adventure were created with the
MapTool software, using assets developed by various individuals.

And here's the link: DL1 Dragons of Despair. Enjoy!

1 comment: